Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Shameless Plea For Friends

Face Book was the topic of discussion today on the Morning Show.  And I also made a rather shameless plea for people to "friend" me.  Shameless or not, it worked.  I started the day with 160 Face Book friends and, as of this posting, I'm at 237, well over the goal I set of 200.  Thank you to everyone who "friended" me.  Scroll down a little to see the names of my 77 new Face Book friends.

I share a few thoughts on what friendship means on my other blog, And Jerry.  It's my first post on that blog since August 31, sorry it took so long.  I hope you enjoy it and take a minute to comment.  You can subscribe to any of the J93.3 family of blogs by clicking on the "subscribe" buttons to the right of the page.

We also asked how you use Face Book, and got quite a few good comments on, of all places, the J93.3 Face Book page.  You can join that conversation by clicking on the J93.3 Face Book button to the right.  Oh, you can still friend me too.  I have a long way to go to get as many friends as the rest of the J93.3 staff.  Paige has 437, Steve 445, Rob 968 and Jayar is way out in front with 3,741.  Not that anyone's counting.  Just click on the Jerry Williams Face Book button.

George Dillard, pastor at Peachtree City Christian Church, called in with another Face Book request, though George's was far less shameless than mine.  The organization Hero Box supplies individualized care packages to the men and women serving our country overseas.  Hero Box is eligible for a one million dollar grant from Chase Community Giving.  To get that money to help continue their ministry they need people to "like" or vote for them on Chase's Face Book page.  Get all the details at herobox.org.

Kelsey is scheduled to be back in with us tomorrow morning.  And she may be in on Friday when Paige Long will fill out the lineup for another Flashback Friday.

My New Face Book Friends

Thanks again for being my friend on Face Book.  Here are my new friends:
Daniel, Justin, Lottie, Frank, Kim, AmyAndBrad, Mary Brandy, Tyler, Mitzi, Dee, Elise, John, Yianni, Teri, Tricia, Tiffany,Jaclyn, Joshua, Jennifer, Courtney, Kimberly, Patti, Ashley, Melinda, Billy, Felicia, Billy, Amy,  Lee Ann, Loretta, Jennifer, Mary Alice, Amie, Patti, Joyce, Tabitha, Tamara, Kim, Stephen, Ben, Patty, Rodney, Lisa, Shane, Jerrie, Alina, Tammy, Kathy, Lisa, Robin, Sharon, Debbie, Jennifer, Sandra, Brenda, Heather, Stacy, Theda, Taylor, David, Chiquita, Adrian, Kathy, Cassie, Dan, Wendy, Mike, Christy, Julian, Brittany, Mary Jo, Jessica, Kathy Marie, Robin and Bobbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment