Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Get Your Pants Off The Ground

This morning I commented on a story I saw in the Newnan Times-Herald.  Actually, the paper has run a couple of items on this.  A gentleman is making the rounds at local government bodies seeking a city ordinance banning pants and/or skirts from being worn three inches or lower below the hips.

My comment was that while I agree with this gentleman about not being a fan of "baggy pants" I strongly believe that it should not be up to the government, local, state or federal, to tell any citizen what they can or can not wear.  That led to a huge number of phone calls and comments on the J93.3 Face Book page.  (You can still join the conversation on Face Book.)

Here is a sampling of some of the calls we received.  Pay special attention to the last caller in this sound clip, she says a lot of what I myself have been saying for years now.

Baggy Pants in Newnan by Jerry Williams

Feel free to share this audio clip on your own blog or Face Book page.  And of course you're welcome to leave your comments here or on the J93.3 Face Book page.

Just for fun, here's the video of the original "Pants On The Ground" song.  See you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment