Friday, October 28, 2011

Ring Tones, An Angel, & A Rich Mullins Friday Flashback

Busy week ahead on the Morning Show.  And technically it starts tomorrow, at least for me.  I'll be at McDuff Crossings Shopping Center, Route 34 in Peachtree City from Noon till 2 PM with a J93.3 sticker stop and canned food drive.

Cathy Bergren, Lori Lawrence, Jerry, Jane Stewart
The canned food drive benefits the Real Life Center, a group that J93.3 has partnered with many times.  We had three ladies on the Morning Show today (Friday) talking about the event.  There was Cathy Berggren of the Real Life Center, Lori Lawrence of My Pampered Pooch, representing McDuff Crossings Shopping Center, and Jane Stewart of Georgia SPCA.  There will be an animal adoption going on tomorrow as well as many other family friendly activities.  Hope to see you there.

Then tomorrow evening I'll be at the Chonda Pierce show, even though Chonda promised to give any guys in the audience a tough time.  Chonda is part of the J93.3 Fall Concert Series.

But before any of that happens, it's Game 7 of the World Series tonight.  That means that sometime tomorrow I FINALLY get to start playing Christmas music at home.  And I have to change the ringtone on my phone.  I have four of them I'm considering.  Maybe you can help me decide.  Here they are:

We Three Kings-ringtone by Jerry Williams

Hark The Herald Angels-ringtone by Jerry Williams

Silent Night-ringtone by Jerry Williams

Joy To The World-ringtone by Jerry Williams

You can leave a comment below telling me which one you like best.  And I may also post them on my Face Book page and get some input from listeners on Monday on the Morning Show.

Next Week On The Morning Show
We have some big name guests scheduled next week.  On Tuesday it's Roma Downey.  You remember her from the hit TV series "Touched By An Angel".  She has a new children's project coming out and we'll talk about that.  On Wednesday we'll chat with tobyMac.  He's doing two shows next week as part of the J93.3 Fall Concert Series.  And he just had his very first Christmas project released a few weeks ago.  And on Friday we'll talk with Michael Thomas of LaGrange College about their upcoming visitation day.

This Week's Scripture References
Here are the verses we used during prayer time on the Morning Show this week:
  • Isaiah 43:1-2
  • Psalms 103:8-12
  • Psalms 130:1-6
  • Psalms 9:9-10
  • Psalms 116:3-7
Friday Flashback Video
One of my favorite songwriters of all time is Rich Mullins.  He passed away over 10 years ago now, so there aren't very many "concept" videos of his music.  I did manage to find this one.  It's not one of his better known songs and while it got some radio airplay it certainly wasn't one of his biggest hits.  It is a great song nonetheless, and a pretty decent video.  Hope you enjoy it, "Here In America".





No comments:

Post a Comment