Friday, October 7, 2011

A Taste Of Humble Pie & A Friday Flashback

Where does the time go?  Seems like I'm asking myself that question every week at about this time.  The first full work week of October is now behind us.  I really did mean to get at least one more post up on my other blog, And Jerry.  Maybe over the weekend.  It's not like I have any more Yankees games to watch this post season.  (I can't believe they loaded the bases twice last night and still couldn't push across a run either time!)

Other than the Yankees' elimination, it was a grand end to the week.  Thursday my wife Teri and I had lunch with our grandson Toby at his school as part of Grandparents Week.  Then it was off to Taste of Newnan on the courthouse square.  It was great getting to meet and chat with so many listeners.  And it was a little humbling...see the video below, and keep in mind that this guessing game had gone on for a full five minutes before I thought to grab the video camera.


There are pictures from Taste of Newnan on the J93.3 Face Book page.  And I'm working on getting a couple more videos edited, but that may be a few days.

Friday saw the new Deputy Treasurer of the State of Georgia, Mitch Seabaugh, with us live in the studio.  We also took your calls and Face Book comments on what you appreciate about your pastor.  We'll continue that observance of Clergy Appreciation Month every Friday through October.

This Week's Scripture References
We start every Morning Show with a few verses of scripture and a time of prayer.  This week we used the following passages:
  • II Corinthians 4:6 - 10
  • Colossians 3:12 - 14
  • John 4:13 - 14
  • John 6:35 - 40
  • Romans 10:13 - 15
This Week's Friday Flashback
Here's one of my favorite songs from Bebe & Cece Winans.  When it first came out, back in 1991, I was working at a radio station on Long Island, New York.  We did a contest with the record label where we sent a couple of winners to Los Angeles to see Bebe & Cece in concert.  We did one of those song montages from the brother and sister act and cut up words from different songs to include the title of this one, "I'll Take You There", the old Staple Singers hit.  Look for a cameo from Mavis in the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment