Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hooray For Sunday School

There's a verse in Psalms, chapter 122, verse 1, that says, "I was glad when they said to me, 'let us go to the house of the Lord.'"  That's a great way to be when you think about going to church.  As a kid I always looked forward to going to church, especially for Sunday School.  I loved learning those stories of the heroes of the faith.  Abraham, Moses, Joseph, David, Daniel, Peter, Paul.

And I loved those faithful modern day heroes of the faith who tirelessly prepared a lesson and taught Sunday School every week.  I wish I could go back in time and let them all know how much their faithfulness has impacted my life.

As part of our observation of Clergy Appreciation Month, tomorrow we're giving you the opportunity to share what you appreciate about your Sunday School teacher, either your current teacher or someone from your past who especially touched your life.  You can leave a comment on the J93.3 Face Book page or give us a call on the air in the morning.

Oh, and be sure to tell your Sunday School teacher in person how much you appreciate what they do every week.  See you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment